Followers

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Rest in Peace πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™


 It was 'Xavotsav'πŸ‘πŸ˜Š...Apart from other events I had enlisted myself in the 'Bengali Creative Writing' tooπŸ‘πŸ˜Š. 

To my pleasant surprise I found the judges of that category were the legendary MR. PARTHO GHOSH and MRS. GOURI GHOSH πŸ™! The topic of the poem we were to write within 30mins ,was to be given by 'Korno' and 'Kunti' themselvesπŸ™!

It was 'Matrittyo (Motherhood)'! 

For obvious reasons the girls found it easier to relate to it...and the boys obviously glorified their respective mothers! 

Myself on the other hand let my pen loose on the deep craving and absolute awe of motherhood that I have in me, right from childhood! Hence my poem was named 'Ami Ma Hotey Chai'(I want to become a Mother)! 

I wrote it in 15mins but wasn't allowed to leave the classroom before the scheduled time. In the interim I could see Mr.& Mrs.Ghosh reading my poem! I was even more nervous when they called me up to say..."English medium er chhelera eto bhalo bangla lekhe, jene khub bhalo laglo! Khub bhalo hoyechhe. We loved the uniqueness in your poem"! πŸ™

Even before the judgement was to be out on the next day , I was on the 7th heaven and 9th cloud!! 😊

Eventually I won the 1st prize, a gold medal! πŸ™

Years later, when I had become an actor, 'Khela' was on-air on Zee, a superhit , I met Mr.and Mrs Ghosh in an award ceremony! 

Even before I could approach them, MRS. GOURI GHOSH smiled at me and said "Khub bhalo lagchhe Dr. Shurjo(my character's name) ke"! I touched both their feet and introduced myself with that reference to my first meeting with them during my school life! 

To my utter disbelief MRS. GOURI GHOSH said " Tumi Ma hote chao, right? "!!!!! She remembered!!! 😊❤

As me and my parents are hearing 'Karna -Kunti Sambad' once more in HER loving memory, we would like to wish HER soul all the peace there is,in heavenπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™. 

No comments: