Followers

Monday, August 2, 2021

Love for Indrajal Comics❤๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š


 I have always been an avid reader of Indrajal Comics. Though Phantom, Mandrake, Flash Gordon, Rip Kirby, Kerry Drake, Mike Nomad, Garth, Buzz Sawyer and other heroes of foreign origin used to be a big part of the Bennett & Coleman publication...it was our own Indian ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณHero 'BAHADUR', created by Mr. Aabid Surti (though I got to read illustrations of Mr. Jagjit Uppal and Govind Brahmania, after Mr. Surti moved on), that used to capture my adolescent imagination and make me aspire to be like him! ๐Ÿ˜Š

The amazing backstory of Bahadur...๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ‘

He was the front runner of CSF(Citizen's Security Force)...in the Chambal region ...expert in marshal arts, very smart, handsome and intelligent...was actually the son of a notorious dacoit Bhairav Singh, who died in a combat with Police. Bahadur, then a teenager, was adopted by Vishal, the police officer who had shot Bhairav Singh!

๐Ÿ’ฅThough Bahadur dealt with many kinds of villains, he displayed a much softer corner towards dacoits trying to rehabilitate them.One of his assistants Lakhan was also a reformed dacoit. After surrendering to the police, he started helping Bahadur in curbing crime.

๐Ÿ’ฅBela, was Bahadur's love interest and a chief assistant in his missions against the villains. As a child I was confused if they were married, as they used to live together! A live-in relationship of the Indian protagonist,depicted during that time , was revolutionary and well received too! 

๐Ÿ’ฅOther main characters were Sukhiya (the  policeman) , Mukhiya (the village headman) and Chhammiya (Bahadur's dog). 

๐Ÿ’ฅI had got a tailor made saffron kurta and got a blue jeans( bell bottoms), but sadly was not allowed to grow my hair like Bahadur! The thin moustache would be drawn out of 'Chelpark' ink๐Ÿ˜Š! 

๐Ÿ’ฅEvery story that was published,was enacted by me at my home! Obviously I would be Bahadur...my grandmother (thamma) playing Bela,much to her disinterest and mostly due to my nagging๐Ÿ˜‚...my uncle(he was the one who had introduced me to the world of Indrajal Comics) played Lakhan, with a lot of passion...the house helps played the other characters miserably ๐Ÿ˜…! 

๐Ÿ’ฅA major turmoil happened as you can imagine, with all that action, horse rides, car chases, gun fights in an average Bengali household ๐Ÿคฃ! But it seemed so real to me! It seemed I lived Bahadur's life, his anguish and his values ๐Ÿ‘! 

๐Ÿ’ฅInnocence to illusion is fast losing in young minds, trapped in evil distractions! They are growing up too fast, against the law of nature, falling prey to the  circumstances! 

๐Ÿ’ฅBut I choose to be a dreamer all my life...like many I am sure๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š❤!

No comments: