Followers

Friday, March 11, 2022

Rest in Peace dear Shontu DaπŸ™πŸ™❤


 Met Shontu Da for the first time on the sets of 'Ekdin Protidin' for Zee in 2006❤πŸ‘.

He liked me...so was I in awe of him! He liked my acting and appreciated me to the press...πŸ™.

In that same year(2006) he was launching his ambitious project 'Bhalobashi Tai', which was reviving the commercial theatre in Kolkata. He was directing and acting in it too. Chaiti Di had a double role. Both Shontu Da and Chaiti Di wanted me to star in itπŸ™. I got selected for one of my most challenging and favourite characters in my career - 'Tiger' who was a pimp in a red light area...in love with the character of the 2nd ChaitidiπŸ‘. 

I remember fondly how Shontu Da, took me under his wings and made me build up the character with rigourous rehearsals at his home and at Tapan Theatre tooπŸ™. I remember how he appreciated me and my love for the craftπŸ™. Every round of applause that my scenes received in each and every sell-out show, was due to the guidance of Shontu DaπŸ™. 

Sadly a dispute with Niva Arts stopped the show suddenly, just on the verge of a possibility of the theatre travelling to USA! πŸ˜ͺ

In 2008 we worked together again for another brilliant and thrilling project for Zee in the form of 'Rajpoth'πŸ‘. 

My bond with him was never broken until recent times when messages and calls went unanswered πŸ˜ͺ! 

I understood the situation HE was in, from the news that came seeping in! I didn't want to disturb HIM , Bhebli or Ajopa. But I kept sending messages at times, hoping he will keep in mind how much I loved and respected HIMπŸ˜ͺπŸ™! 

I am going through the script of 'Bhalobashi Tai' at this moment...remembering every line Shontu Da said...in the way HE said... HIS baritone... HIS personality...HIS affection... HIS sense of humour...HIM... πŸ˜ͺπŸ™πŸ˜ͺ... REST IN PEACEπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

No comments: