Followers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

END OF RAJPOTH/NIKHIL

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-7793499699554504" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
The question is what’s my feeling that yet another family of mine,RAJPOTH, breaks up barely after one year!! Here’s the answer..a bit prolonged I guess,but that’s the way Trisha,Ipsitadi,Somdutta,Sucheta etc. from my orkut friendlist, all over the world,who followed my work as NIKHIL, religiously,wanted to hear from me!! Well ,first of all I do not feel a heartbreak ala Dr.Shurjo Sen of Khela…the reason being,sadly.. Nikhil my character in Rajpoth,didn’t turn out to be even half as promising to what was narrated to me in the casting session…though undoubtedly,it was a challenge to play a person with so many shades…but somehow the boat carrying Nikhil faltered in the whirlpool,for reasons beyond Nikhil’s or my control!! In one line one can say that “the boat headed to discover India,but found West Indies…not a mean achievement by any standards…. but not to the destination for which Nikhil and me had set sail on june 18th-08”!! But during the course of my journey as Nikhil ,whatever the consequences might have been and to wherever I may have drifted,I thought from the onset that I should make it a point to keep “my” main engine astute,the pressure and volume in the cylinders intact,the alarm trips ongaurd,the boilers warm,the auxilliary engine standby,the coolers head-on,turbochargers supercharged and the fuel supply continuous… …all in all “ I am” successful I guess,to some extent as the director and producer’s very happy and they have gone on record, inprint about this(Aajkaal-13-12-08)!! PLUS THERE IS THIS DELUGE OF ANTI-HATE MAILS AND SCRAPS FOR MY PERFORMANCE AS NIKHIL,AMONG THE OCCASIONAL HATE-COATED ONES TOO(without a proper view and reasoning apart from the mandatory “you are not looking as handsome as Dr.Shurjo Sen…which was quite true though”)!! They have made me believe that whatever I was doing ,was right and my boat may go astray, but the sailor has given no place to complain in piloting it through troubled waters to a landmass,nevertheless and didn’t let it drown afterall,even if the mother ship sank prematuredly,due to so MANY MANY MANY reasons,best forgotten, to gear up for a new and better tomorrow!! What I ACTUALLY feel terribly bad about, is that a family,comprising my co- actors,some great friends and guardians,Asish-my hair stylist,Avijit-my make-up man,Manik-my dresser and all others in my unit….has been broken up..and we have all drifted apart…to our respective pockets of work professionally…but the bonding will remain forever,which was absolutely visible through the gallons of teardrops shedded,in the farewell party,by everyone of us!!
<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-7793499699554504" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

3 comments:

trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trisha said...

very nicely written........the actor's disappointment has been expressed to some extent.Infact,i too felt myself to be a traveller in this journey of RAJPOTH.It has been made more specific by using certain terms related with marine engineering........like turbochargers,auxillary engine,and so on which adds to the beauty of the article.

Unknown said...

khub bhalo likhechho,jodio majher engineering er onek kichhu bujhlam na!!but overall je message ta convey kortey cheyechho,i got that.will wait eagerly for your next after nikhil.